Friday, June 6, 2008

Holla!

Don't you know how if you forget to do something or you put something off, then you think about doing it, but you put it off again, then when you think of it next time, it's been put off for so long that you just want to avoid it? Anyone follow here? Yeah well, that's how I felt about my blog.
Hmmm....where to begin. Well, Monday was my 32nd birthday. I've decided to stop acting like 32 is so old. We all know I don't LOOK 32 :) and my 30's have been the absolute best time of my life so far so I will be proud of my 32 years.
I'm enjoying my job more and more everyday. I just can't believe what a difference it is to ENJOY your job. And to add the the joy, I work w/really cool people. Now, before you all get bent out of shape, OF COURSE they are not as cool as you guys, but they are as cool as they can be w/out reaching your status. No longer do I wake up on Sunday morning in a bad mood because all I can think about is how much I despise my job and don't want to go in on Monday. It's an awesome feeling.
As a couple of you know, the wedding colors have changed to chocolate and olive now. I'm very happy w/this choice and didn't realize how unsure I was about the coral color until we changed it. I'm much happier w/this color combo. It will look just lovely in the fall. My mom returns from Greece next week so dress shopping will commence very soon. I'm excited and nervous. I'm crazy picky and am very oddly proportioned w/my giant ta-ta's. I get frustrated easily when looking for clothes and nothing fits right, so I'm sure the dress hunt will be interesting. Not to mention that everyone always tells me about the pushy ladies that work in bride shops and how they want to come in to the dressing room and undress you and so forth. Well, let's just say that I'm over the top modest and the thought of some stranger in my dressing room w/me makes me sick to my stomach.
Okay, that will suffice for now but I will PROMISE to get back on w/in the next few days and update you on my weekend. Dustin's 10-year class reunion is tomorrow night. He rented the local radio stations party bus to drive us and about 10 others around for the night so we don't have to worry about DUI's. Should be a fun and interesting time!!!
P.S. For those who have been asking about Nana, nothing new right now which in this case is probably a good thing. If I hear any more I will let you know. I do notice that every Sunday her name is on the prayer list at our church so I know a lot of people have her in their thoughts.

4 Comments:

At June 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Heather rules said...

Thank you! I feel much better, don't you?

 
At June 6, 2008 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Linda said...

I'm so glad you finally posted.

I know you will find a dress that you love, it just might take a bit of a hunt. And hey - there's nothing wrong with being 32. You are STILL a baby! I was 31 when I got married many eons ago!

Let us know how the dress hunt goes.

 
At June 7, 2008 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Chris said...

I'm WAYYYY older than you, so stop complaining! Thanks for the post because we've missed you!

 
At June 9, 2008 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Country Girl said...

ooh... you know what... i got married when i was 32, and so are you!!

i came up with a possible appetizer idea for your wedding... chocolate dipped olives. whatcha think?? :) cuz when heather and i run out of cake to fling at each other... we can slingshot the olives at 'em instead.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home