Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Washers and Pearls and Houses OH MY!

So I had a fun weekend. We spent the night out at the farm Saturday. We had some friends come out and we all camped for the night. Got a wee bit windy and chilly but still a good time. Bret and Ellen brought their washers game so we entertained ourselves w/Margaritas and washers! And of course a big 'ole fire! I think that's my favorite part of being outside or camping or whatever. You gotta love a big fire pit! Here's a pic of Ellen and I at the picnic table - she is reading the new People magazine I just got in the mail. Dustin surprised me by getting me a subscription and the name he put down to be on the cover is "Princess Lori Schuetz" :) How cute is that??
Speaking of my wonderful man, I got my Valentine necklace back today. For those of you who don't know the story, here it is. My grandma was like a second mom to me. I was super close to her and I miss her like crazy every day. She died in 2002 from breast cancer. Well several years ago my grandma had given me a pearl. I had always planned on doing something with it, just not sure what. For Valentine's Day this year, Dusty took the pearl, had it mounted on a sterling silver breast cancer ribbon, and made it into a necklace. It has to be one of the most special gifts I've ever received. Well I had only had it for a month, when one night my mom looked at it and said "Where's the pearl?" It had fallen off. It was a lost cause, because it could be anywhere. So needless to say Dusty was mad at the jeweler because I obviously can't replace the sentimental value of the original pearl, but they put a new one on there for me and I have it back. It's still very special and I wear it every day. It sucks my grandma never got to meet Dustin, she would have LOVED him!!! Damn it, I'm welling up just typing this.
So I will end on an awesome note....we close on our new house tomorrow!!! So excited to get to work!

7 Comments:

At April 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Looks like you had a great weekend Princess! And that story about your grandma and the pearl almost had ME in tears! Gotta love those grandmas! And your honey sounds like a very special guy! I'm so happy for you!

 
At April 30, 2008 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Heather rules said...

Well crap! It's 7 a.m. and I'm friggin crying. Damn it Lori!
I love Dustin too. What a guy! He was totally worth the wait, wasn't he!!!!!!

 
At April 30, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Blogger El Bee said...

Now I'm crying that you're crying! :) Oh my, he was so worth the wait.

 
At April 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Stop crying, people. I'm very emotional right now and this isn't helping!!!

 
At April 30, 2008 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Rockyn Robyn said...

Man. Your man is the bomb! Thank goodness you're marrying him!! I must meet this ball of wonderful! I think MY big daddy would really dig him!

 
At May 3, 2008 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Country Girl said...

oh, big sigh, your guy is the ultimate of all things good and wonderful. his mama raised him right. that boy is so sweet and romantic and thoughtful. your necklace sounds beautiful, princess.

 
At May 5, 2008 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Heather rules said...

You are back from the bustling city of Monett. POST ABOUT IT FREAK!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home